2020 has been unprecedented in so many ways. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our usual way of conducting business changed. But one thing didn’t change: Disciples helping Disciples.
From feeding houseless individuals in Oregon and assisting those affected by August’s derecho in Iowa, to connecting with church members online, we witnessed how the Church has come together to serve communities across the United States and Canada.
Your partnership and support, including through your investments, have also helped our ministries be there for Disciples in old and new ways. In 2020, DCEF and New Church Ministry:
- Delivered 165+ services and consultations
- Performed 23+ workshops
- Provided expert coaching for 25 courageous leaders
- Started the Ask the Advisors blog post series (which has been opened 31,250+ times and shared 6,590+ times)
- Trained 87 new church leaders at the 2020 (virtual) Leadership Academy
- Prepared 21 new coaches for their work with new and transforming church leaders
- Helped 50 congregations apply for $1,000,000 in Paycheck Protection Program loans
- Issued loan-payment deferrals for 250 congregations in light of the pandemic
- Registered 1,309 individuals for New Church Hacks webinars (400+ for episode 4 on anti-racism)
- Assisted 16 churches in 6 states following building disasters
- And much, much more!
AND, as of December 17th, the total loan approvals extended by Disciples Church Extension Fund to congregations in need exceeded one billion dollars!
So take a moment to view our 2020 year-end message, celebrating Disciples helping Disciples.
After all, that’s what DCEF has been doing for nearly 138 years.
And that’s what the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has been doing for much longer.
Happy New Year.