Disciples Church Extension Fund (DCEF) inspires and empowers congregations to create Holy Places where people connect with God, each other, and the community. Disciples Church Extension Fund is one of the General Units for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
The Director of Project Management provides leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that Disciples Church Extension Fund (DCEF) has the proper processes, administrative and reporting procedures in place that will effectively support DCEF in its ministry of ensuring financial strength and operating efficiency. This position will lead vision implementation and organizational accountability to the priorities established by the President/CEO.
The Director of Project Management (DPM) will report to the President/CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Internally executing the strategic vision of the President/CEO by providing updates across the ministry
- Collaborating with the Executive Team to determine and prioritize ministry objectives
- Manage and streamline processes by mining and analyzing data, and reporting back to President/CEO
- Ensure completion of projects and identify deficiencies or misalignments
- Work with President/CEO and Executive Team to provide feedback to department leaders
- Manage efficiency workflow and enhance processes
- Drive improvements in effectiveness in all areas and departments of Disciples Church Extension Fund (DCEF)
- With direction from the President/CEO, create and oversee data-gathering focus groups across the wider church
- Support the President/CEO with adhering to the annual goals and objectives of DCEF
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the President/CEO informed of all critical matters
- Help in support the ministry through team development and accountability
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare meeting agendas as given by the President/CEO
- Attend executive cabinets meetings
- May attend meetings on behalf of the President upon request
- Passion for social justice and continuing the efforts of the church in Anti- Racism, and Pro-Reconciliation
- Not applicable
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigned projects
- Project management
- Mission minded and entrepreneurial
- Detailed oriented, analytical, self-starter, and excellent at time management
- Possesses strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience serving diverse communities
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and deadlines
- Critical thinker
- Strategic thinker, business acumen, analytical
- Change agent
- Excellent customer service
- Microsoft suite, Excel, Presentation (i.e., Google, Canva, PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.)
- Data processor
- Problem-solving skills
Other Duties and Responsibilities: As assigned.
Educational Requirements and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master degree (preferred) in Business, Master of Divinity, Operations Management or equivalent
- Project Management certificate (preferred)
- Communication Proficiency- Written and Verbal
- Familiarity with the work of DCEF and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- This position may travel 10% or less.
- DCEF has a mandatory vaccination policy.
Competitive salary and full benefits offered.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Disciples Church Extension Fund
Post Office Box 7030
Indianapolis, Indiana 46207
Resumes of candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Disciples Church Extension Fund does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.