Holy Places Grants
The Holy Place Grant helps new and established Disciples congregations purchase a lot to build their first house of worship or their first church building. The grant is intended to provide a “boost” to a new congregation to support its long-term sustainability.
- A congregation that already had or will purchase its first place of worship using only its own funds or its own funds combined with a DCEF loan.
- A congregation in covenant with the Region and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) demonstrated by financial support to the Disciples ministries.
- At the same time, a congregation might apply for an interest-free loan and any other grant or particular loan that DCEF offers.
- A developed or undeveloped land or building to serve as a place for worship.
- A place that receives a favorable evaluation from a Building and Capital Services Advisor.
Maximum Grant Amount:
- It is the lower amount of 20% of the acquisition cost or 50% of the annual income distribution of the Holy Place Fund.
Time to Apply:
- When a congregation is considering purchasing a lot or building
How to Apply:
For more information, call 800.274.1883 or email Building and Capital Services Advisor Rosario Ibarra at firstname.lastname@example.org.