At Disciples Church Extension Fund (DCEF), our staff members work with Disciples congregations and organizations on investments, loans, and more. But it’s our four Building and Capital Services Advisors who meet pastors, planters, and worshipers face-to-face, traveling to Regions and Areas across the United States and Canada.
Right now, that’s not safe or healthy for our employees or our partners, so we’re bringing our Advisors online!
In the new blog series Ask the Advisors, Belinda King, Craig Walls, Rosario Ibarra, James Michel, and guest bloggers Gilberto Collazo and Terrell McTyer tackle the issues facing faith communities in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), such as:
- Changes needed to safely welcome members back into sanctuaries, fellowship halls, and other facilities
- Budgeting during a pandemic
- Necessary technology upgrades for services
With years of experience in civil engineering, church planting, business and finance, all of our Advisors are prepared to answer the questions keeping you and your leadership team up at night.
Get ready to rest easy with Ask the Advisors.
- How can DCEF help our congregation through COVID-19? (May 26, 2020)
- What changes are needed to welcome back members into our worship space? (June 2, 2020)
- How might the COVID-19 pandemic impact your church finances? (June 9, 2020)
- Can technology help us do church better? (June 16, 2020)
- Are we the Church God is calling us to be? Are we the Church the world needs us to be? (June 23, 2020)
- How to make your church building more blessing than curse (June 30, 2020)
- Signs of the times (July 7, 2020)
- Should we do a fundraising campaign during this time? (July 14, 2020)
- How can we continue serving our communities? (July 21, 2020)
- What is the key to a successful church merger? (August 4, 2020)
- What next?! (August 18, 2020)
- How to convert online viewership to engagement (September 1, 2020)
- What stewardship campaigns in 2020 should look like (September 15, 2020)
- Ministry Post-Pandemic Checklist: A Pause in the Dissonance (September 29, 2020)
- What is the biggest obstacle to a successful building project? (October 13, 2020)
- Changing (for the better) with the seasons (October 27, 2020)
- Is your congregation connecting with the unchurched? (November 10, 2020)
- How congregations can thrive during the pandemic (November 24, 2020)
If you have a question for one of our advisors, feel free to leave it in the comment section below!