Disciples Church Extension Fund (DCEF) inspires and empowers congregations to create Holy Places where people connect with God, each other and the community.
Disciples Church Extension Fund is one of the General Units for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
We are currently seeking a person to fill a Financial Services Representative position within the organization. This person will have primary duties in loan services and will also assist in other areas of Financial Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be knowledgeable of loan policies and procedures and make suggestions for changes
- Order title commitment from title company/attorney for loans secured with real property
- Reviews and mails daily, monthly, month-end, semi-annual, and annual loan and line of credit statements/reports
- Reviews and approves all daily electronic notifications
- Process month-end loan adjustments/actions
- Manages daily ACH payment processing and any special requests/changes
- Reviews and mails all daily disbursements and uploads generated bank files
- Communicates returned payments with the borrower
- Track, update, and follows up on payment of invoices related to loans/lines of credit including (but not limited to) BPOs, appraisals, insurance, and other third party reports
- Using templates, primary backup on loan documentation
- After approval, maintain contact with borrowers and potential borrowers throughout the loan process keeping them apprised of needed documentation and responding to their questions
- Order and/or follow up on third party reports (i.e. BPO, Appraisal, ESA Phase I)
- Manage and process loan advance requests
- Maintain legal files and computer records
- Collect and acknowledge documents received after approval through payoff
- Manage and prepare releases for pay offs (including sending releases to title company for recording)
- Receive calls and monitors messages for Financial Services
- Ensure communication and information flow to external partners and congregations
- Attends and takes minutes for Staff Loan Committee/Board Loan Committee meetings
- Manage the Scanning and indexing of all loan documents and correspondence
- Provide backup as needed for other Financial Services Representatives
- First back-up for Monthly Church Of God/ Trinity Financial Consulting Interest through Accounts Payable
- Other duties as assigned
- English communication skills required
- Bilingual communication skills preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Using Word which includes proofreading, templates, tracking changes)
- Experience with computer-based programs, spreadsheets and use of calculator
- Ability to learn organization’s computer programs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to attend to multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to complete work by reasonable deadlines
- Financial accounting support experience preferred
- Organization and time management skills
- Excellent communication, organization and customer relations skills
- Capable of working with little or no supervision
- Familiarity with the work of DCEF and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Shared desire to service DCEF’s commitment to being an anti-racism, anti-oppression, and pro-reconciling service organization
- At least two years of college or equivalent experience preferred.
- DCEF has a vaccination policy for COVID-19. Applicants who receive a conditional offer for employment will be required to provide documentation or proof of vaccination status prior to first day of employment.
Competitive salary and full benefits offered.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Disciples Church Extension Fund
Post Office Box 7030
Indianapolis, Indiana 46207
Resumes of candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Disciples Church Extension Fund does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.