Disciples Church Extension Fund (DCEF) inspires and empowers congregations to create Holy Places where people connect with God, each other, and the community.
Disciples Church Extension Fund is one of the General Units for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
The Building and Capital Services Advisor will focus on directly establishing new congregational and regional relationships, selling and promoting Disciples Church Extension Fund’s services and products to congregations and individuals (i.e. investments, loans, and other DCEF services) and promoting DCEF services by cross-selling other products and services to existing relationships.
This position reports to the Vice President of Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Achieve goals as defined by the organization and supervisor.
- Cultivate a culture of excellence and teamwork through all activities with internal staff and external customers
- Support the organization’s mission.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of their individual purpose considering the organization’s overall direction.
- Maintain an attitude that is resilient to challenges and open to change.
- Work to create a highly collaborative environment within the employee’s department and with other teams.
- Possesses self-confidence with a pioneering mindset
- Provide an excellent experience by offering a five-star customer service experience.
- Weaving client relationships by being a model for the customer-oriented and team-oriented culture.
- Proactively initiate and respond to contacts with congregational leaders in Disciples churches through telephone and on-site visits to provide building assessment and planning, capital fundraising, loan and investment services that are culturally relevant. These contacts include the scheduling of congregational visits and the support of ongoing planning processes.
- Proactively monitor the congregational loan application and approval process including origination, negotiation, and underwriting.
- Proactively monitor congregational loan performance and provide telephone and on-site visits to assist congregations with past-due loans to develop plans to become current with loan payments.
- Maintain office records and reports to keep partner organizations and current and future staff apprised of activities and visits.
- Work with Disciples partners and staff to facilitate services to congregations by following up on referrals, making referrals, and including those partners in correspondence and reports.
- Not applicable
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all training and assessments.
- Participate in all required staff activities, meetings, and events.
- Track all customer information and service activities in DDI Connect and Monday.com.
- When possible, book all airline travel a minimum of 14 days in advance.
- Background and leadership in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Multi-cultural awareness essential
- Knowledge or experience in working with congregations in planning and building projects
- Knowledge of commercial credit, loan underwriting, loan cultivation, lending processes, and standards
- Familiarity with architectural and engineering best practices
- Familiarity with capital campaigns
- Analytical thinker (i.e. loan terms, delinquent loan workout plans, etc.)
- Strategic listener, thinker/planner
- Results driven
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate about customer service
- Ability to work smoothly in a remote setting
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required
Other Duties and Responsibilities: As assigned.
Educational Requirements and/or Experience:
- College graduate or postgraduate education
- At least five years of relevant experience required
- Able to obtain Series 63 license after hire
- Familiarity with the work of DCEF and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- 40-50% for church visits, events, educational seminars, and DOC church-wide events
- DCEF has a mandatory vaccination policy.
Competitive salary and full benefits offered.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Disciples Church Extension Fund
Post Office Box 7030
Indianapolis, Indiana 46207
Resumes of candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Disciples Church Extension Fund does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.