Disciples Church Extension Fund inspires and empowers congregations to create Holy Places where people connect with God, each other, and the community. Disciples Church Extension Fund is one of the General Units for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada.
Serve 1) as an Administrative Assistant to the Services Support Team; 2) Light receptionist duties which include greeting guests, answering/directing phone calls, assist with all incoming and outgoing mail, assist with the monitoring of supplies inventory, maintaining cleanliness of the break and supply rooms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain records and reports of congregational services
- Prepare, proof, and distribute reports and correspondence
- Respond to requests received by phone, mail or electronically in customer-sensitive and timely ways
- Maintain files (paper and electronic)
- Provide travel and meeting arrangements, including expense reporting
- Telephone coverage, support, and follow-up
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- English communication skills required
- Spanish communication skills are a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn organization’s computer programs
- Excellent communication, organization and customer relations skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Ability to simultaneously attend to multiple priorities
- Capable of working with little or no supervision
- Familiarity with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- This position will be based in our Indianapolis office
- At least two years of college or equivalent experience preferred.
Competitive salary and full benefits offered.
For more information or to apply, please contact or send a cover letter and resume to:
Disciples Church Extension Fund
Post Office Box 7030
Indianapolis, Indiana 46207
Disciples Church Extension Fund does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.